The Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) take on the SMU Mustangs (4-1) at Suncoast Credit Union Arena on Wednesday, November 22, 2023. The game begins at 8:30 PM ET on Fox Sports 1. In this article, we investigate the SMU vs. Wisconsin odds and lines around this matchup.
The matchup between the Mustangs and the Badgers currently does not have a line set.
SMU is 2-2-0 against the spread, while Wisconsin’s ATS record this season is 2-3-0. One of the Mustangs’ games this season have gone over the point total, and three of the Badgers’ games have gone over.
Here’s everything you need to get ready for Wednesday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
SMU vs. Wisconsin prediction
Wisconsin 72, SMU 69
Against the spread
- SMU has covered twice in four games with a spread this season.
- Wisconsin has covered twice in five games with a spread this year.
- The 77.2 points per game the Mustangs average are 9.8 more points than the Badgers allow (67.4).
- SMU is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- Wisconsin has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when allowing fewer than 77.2 points.
- The Badgers average 11.4 more points per game (75.4) than the Mustangs give up (64.0).
- Wisconsin has put together a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record in games it scores more than 64.0 points.
- SMU’s record is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it gives up fewer than 75.4 points.
Players to watch
- Zhuric Phelps is tops on his squad in both points (14.2) and assists (3.4) per contest, and also averages 5.0 rebounds. Defensively, he averages 1.8 steals and 0.8 blocked shots.
- Tyreek Smith puts up 8.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 0.2 assists per contest, shooting 53.8% from the field.
- Samuell Williamson paces the Mustangs at 6.6 rebounds per contest, while also averaging 2.6 assists and 7.0 points.
- Steven Crowl is posting a team-best 7.2 rebounds per game. And he is producing 11.6 points and 2.0 assists, making 59.5% of his shots from the field.
- Chucky Hepburn is the Badgers’ top assist man (3.6 per game), and he contributes 10.8 points and 2.4 rebounds.
- Tyler Wahl is averaging 10.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest, making 52.6% of his shots from the field.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.