The Akron Zips (4-0) will look to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Utah State Aggies (3-1) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at John Gray Gymnasium. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET on FloHoops. In this preview, we analyze the Akron vs. Utah State odds and lines for this matchup.
The Zips take on the Aggies in a game projected to be a close one. The Zips are favored by just 1 point against the Aggies. The game features an over/under of 143.
Akron covered 12 times in 31 chances against the spread last season. Utah State compiled a 20-13-1 record against the spread last year.
Here is what you need to get ready for Monday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Utah State at Akron odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Akron -1
- Total: 143
- Moneyline: Akron -116, Utah State -104
Akron vs. Utah State prediction
Utah State 78, Akron 70
- Akron was the moneyline favorite 20 total times last season. It finished 18-2 in those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -116 or shorter, the Zips had a record of 18-2 (90%).
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives Akron a 53.7% chance to win.
- Utah State was underdogs five times last season and won once.
- The Aggies were 1-4 last season when entering a game as an underdog by -104 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Utah State, based on the moneyline, is 51.0%.
Against the spread
- Akron compiled a 12-16-3 ATS record last year.
- Utah State put together a 20-13-1 ATS record last year.
- Last year, the 74.6 points per game the Zips averaged were just 4.7 more points than the Aggies gave up (69.9).
- When Akron put up more than 69.9 points last season, it went 8-7-2 against the spread and 16-3 overall.
- Utah State went 16-4 against the spread and 20-2 overall last season when giving up fewer than 74.6 points.
- The Aggies’ 78.2 points per game last year were 11.3 more points than the 66.9 the Zips gave up.
- When it scored more than 66.9 points last season, Utah State went 16-8-1 against the spread and 23-4 overall.
- Akron had an ATS record of 11-10-2 and a 19-6 record overall last season when its opponents scored fewer than 78.2 points.
- The Zips totaled 254 more points than their opponents last season (7.7 per game on average), and the Aggies scored 290 more points than their opponents (8.3 per game).
- The Zips’ average implied point total last season was 0.3 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (72.3 implied points on average compared to 72 implied points in this game).
- Last year, Akron put up more than 72 points in 19 games.
- The 75.9-point average implied total last season for the Aggies is 4.9 more points than the team’s 71-point implied total in this matchup.
- Utah State outscored its implied point total for this matchup (71) two times last year.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.