A pair of hot teams square off when the Purdue Boilermakers (4-0) host the Tennessee Volunteers (4-0) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. The Boilermakers will put their four-game win streak on the line against the Volunteers, who have won four straight. In this preview, we analyze the Purdue vs. Tennessee odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The Boilermakers, who are favored by 3 points, are set to face off against the Volunteers. The matchup’s over/under is set at 134.
Purdue covered 13 times in 35 games with a spread last season. Tennessee won 18 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 18 times.
Here is what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Tennessee at Purdue odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Purdue -3
- Total: 134
- Moneyline: Purdue -145, Tennessee +125
Purdue vs. Tennessee prediction
Purdue 75, Tennessee 65
- Purdue was the moneyline favorite 30 total times last season. It finished 26-4 in those games.
- The Boilermakers finished 25-4 last year (winning 86.2% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -145 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives Purdue a 59.2% chance to win.
- Last season, Tennessee was the underdog seven times and won four of those games.
- The Volunteers were 4-1 last season when entering a game as an underdog by +125 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that Tennessee has a 44.4% chance to win.
Against the spread
- Purdue compiled a 13-21-1 ATS record last year.
- Tennessee covered 18 times in 36 games with a spread last season.
- Last year, the 72.7 points per game the Boilermakers scored were 14.8 more points than the Volunteers gave up (57.9).
- Purdue went 12-17-1 against the spread and 26-4 overall last season when scoring more than 57.9 points.
- Tennessee went 15-9 against the spread and 22-5 overall last season when allowing fewer than 72.7 points.
- The Volunteers scored an average of 70.8 points per game last year, 8.1 more points than the 62.7 the Boilermakers gave up.
- When it scored more than 62.7 points last season, Tennessee went 15-9 against the spread and 20-6 overall.
- Purdue’s record was 11-15-1 against the spread and 24-3 overall when it allowed fewer than 70.8 points last season.
- The Boilermakers outscored their opponents by a total of 347 points last season (10.0 points per game on average), and the Volunteers put up 463 more points than their opponents on the year (12.9 per game).
- The average implied total for the Boilermakers last season was 74.1 points, 5.1 more points than their implied total of 69 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Last year, Purdue outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) 24 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Volunteers (72.9) is 6.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Tennessee put up more than 66 points in all of its games.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.