The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (1-3) will visit the Loyola Marymount Lions (2-2) after losing three straight road games. The matchup starts at 11:00 AM ET on Monday, November 20, 2023. In this preview, we analyze the Loyola Marymount vs. Oakland odds and lines around this contest.
The Lions take the court as 4.5-point favorites against the Golden Grizzlies. The over/under for the game is set at 149.5.
Loyola Marymount won 17 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 13 times. Oakland covered 12 times in 31 chances against the spread last season.
As college basketball play continues, prepare for the contest with everything you need to know ahead of Monday’s game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Oakland at Loyola Marymount odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Loyola Marymount -4.5
- Total: 149.5
- Moneyline: Loyola Marymount -198, Oakland +165
Loyola Marymount vs. Oakland prediction
Oakland 77, Loyola Marymount 75
- Loyola Marymount finished 12-5 in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 70.6% of those games).
- The Lions had a 9-2 record last year (winning 81.8% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -198 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, Loyola Marymount’s implied win probability is 66.4%.
- Oakland was underdogs 20 times last season and won four, or 20%, of those games.
- The Golden Grizzlies entered 12 games last season as an underdog by +165 or more and were 2-10 in those contests.
- Oakland has a 37.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- Loyola Marymount put together a 17-12-1 record against the spread last season.
- Oakland put together a 12-19-0 ATS record last season.
- Last year, the Lions recorded 75.3 points per game, just one fewer point than the 76.3 the Golden Grizzlies gave up.
- Loyola Marymount went 8-4 against the spread and 12-2 overall last season when scoring more than 76.3 points.
- Oakland went 8-2 against the spread and 9-2 overall last season when allowing fewer than 75.3 points.
- The Golden Grizzlies scored just 0.2 more points per game last year (73.3) than the Lions allowed their opponents to score (73.1).
- When it scored more than 73.1 points last season, Oakland went 7-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Loyola Marymount went 12-1 against the spread and 13-2 overall last season when it gave up fewer than 73.3 points.
- The Lions totaled a total of 70 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.2 per game), while the Golden Grizzlies were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 95 total points, -3 per game).
- The Lions had an average implied point total of 76.2 last season, which is 0.8 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (77).
- Last year, Loyola Marymount scored more than 77 points in 13 games.
- The Golden Grizzlies’ average implied point total last season (76.6 points) is 3.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (73 points).
- Oakland outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) three times a season ago.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.