The Missouri men’s golf team welcomed three student-athletes to the program as part of its Class of 2024, announced on Tuesday. Bubba Chapman, Jules Lauer and Trent Mierl all signed National Letters of Intent to join the program, starting next fall.
“Sean and I are very happy to sign this class to Mizzou Golf,” said Missouri head coach Glen Millican. “All three have been very successful on and off the golf course. They’ve all won and have played well in all types of conditions. It’s exciting to get these guys signed and looking forward to them joining us next fall!”
Bubba Chapman • St. Louis, Mo.
• Top 5 AJGA Stan Utley (At Old Hawthorne)
• Missouri State Championship with Chaminade in 2021 & 2023 (Individual Championship in 2023)
• Won the Metropolitan Golf Association Junior Amateur in 2023
Jules Lauer • Paris, France
• Posted a seven-under 65 in tough conditions to finish top 10 in the 2023 U18 French Championship
• Won U16 French Championship with St. Germain (Club Team)
• Elected Player of the week by the French Federation
• Won two French Grand Prix’s in a row (one by five and one by one with a final-hole birdie)
Trent Mierl • Austin, Texas
• 2022 Texas Legends Tour Player of the Year
• 5 Texas Legends Junior Tour wins
• Top 3 at the 2021 First Tee National Championship
• 4 AJGA Top 5 finishes
• Recently broke the course record at his home club, shooting 61.
The Tigers wrapped up its fall season, highlighted by winning the Chicago Highlands Invitational. Mizzou returns to action in January, competing at the National Invitational Tournament in January.