The Georgia Southern Eagles (0-4) will visit the East Carolina Pirates (2-2) after losing four straight road games. The contest starts at 6:00 PM ET on Monday, November 20, 2023. In the article below, we analyze the East Carolina vs. Georgia Southern odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The Pirates hit the court as double-digit favorites against the Eagles. The Pirates are favored by 11.5 points. The game features an over/under of 145.
East Carolina compiled a 20-12-1 record against the spread last season. Georgia Southern covered 15 times in 30 games with a spread last year.
Before this matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Monday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Georgia Southern at East Carolina odds, spread and lines
- Spread: East Carolina -11.5
- Total: 145
East Carolina vs. Georgia Southern prediction
East Carolina 85, Georgia Southern 69
Against the spread
- East Carolina compiled a 20-12-1 ATS record last year.
- Georgia Southern put together a 15-15-0 ATS record last season.
- Last year, the Pirates scored only 2.1 more points per game (68.8) than the Eagles gave up (66.7).
- East Carolina had a 13-5 record against the spread and a 12-6 record overall last season when putting up more than 66.7 points.
- Georgia Southern went 9-5 against the spread and 12-4 overall last season when giving up fewer than 68.8 points.
- The Eagles put up only 2.1 fewer points per game last year (68.4) than the Pirates allowed (70.5).
- Georgia Southern put together a 9-4 ATS record and a 9-6 overall record last season in games it scored more than 70.5 points.
- East Carolina went 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 68.4 points.
- The Pirates had a negative point differential last season (-56 total points, -1.7 per game), while the Eagles scored 56 more points than their opponents (1.7 per game).
- The average implied total for the Pirates last season was 74.1 points, 3.9 fewer points than their implied total of 78 points in Monday’s game.
- Last season, East Carolina outscored its implied point total for this matchup (78) eight times.
- The 70.7-point average implied total last season for the Eagles is 3.7 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Georgia Southern outscored its implied point total for this matchup (67) twice last year.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.