The Fordham Rams (2-2) take on the Kent State Golden Flashes (3-2) at Virgin Islands Sport & Fitness Center on Monday, November 20, 2023. The game begins at 5:45 PM ET on ESPN+. Below, we dig into the Kent State vs. Fordham odds and lines around this matchup.
The Golden Flashes head into their matchup against the Rams as a 5.5-point favorite. The matchup’s point total is set at 135.
Kent State covered 20 times in 33 games with a spread last season. Fordham covered 20 times in 33 games with a spread last year.
Get ready for this matchup with what you need to know about Monday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Fordham at Kent State odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Kent State -5.5
- Total: 135
- Moneyline: Kent State -234, Fordham +193
Kent State vs. Fordham prediction
Kent State 80, Fordham 66
- Kent State has won 50% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (2-2).
- The Golden Flashes have played as a moneyline favorite of -234 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
- Kent State has an implied moneyline win probability of 70.1% in this contest.
- Last season, Fordham was the underdog 13 times and won six, or 46.2%, of those games.
- The Rams had a record of 2-4 in games where oddsmakers had them as underdogs of at least +193 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Fordham, based on the moneyline, is 34.1%.
Against the spread
- Kent State compiled a 20-11-2 record against the spread last season.
- Fordham covered 20 times in 33 chances against the spread last season.
- Last year, the Golden Flashes scored 76.1 points per game, 8.5 more points than the 67.6 the Rams allowed.
- Kent State went 14-8-2 against the spread and 23-3 overall last season when scoring more than 67.6 points.
- When Fordham allowed fewer than 76.1 points last season, it went 18-6-1 against the spread and 21-4 overall.
- The Rams’ 72.0 points per game last year were 6.1 more points than the 65.9 the Golden Flashes gave up.
- Fordham put together an 18-5-1 ATS record and a 23-1 overall record last season in games it scored more than 65.9 points.
- Kent State went 15-6-1 against the spread and 22-2 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 72.0 points.
- The Golden Flashes scored a total of 360 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 10.2 per game), and the Rams out-scored opponents by 145 points on the season (4.4 more per game).
- The Golden Flashes’ average implied point total last season was 6.4 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (76.4 implied points on average compared to 70 implied points in this game).
- Last season, Kent State scored more than 70 points 26 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Rams (72.6) is 7.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (65).
- Fordham outscored its implied point total for this matchup (65) three times a season ago.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.