Watch the No. 5 seed Duke Blue Devils (27-8) take on the No. 4 seed Tennessee Volunteers (24-10) with a Sweet 16 spot in the East Region of the bracket on the line on Saturday at Amway Center.
The Blue Devils, who are favored by 3 points, are set to take on the Volunteers. The over/under for the matchup is 128.5.
Duke is 16-19-0 against the spread, while Tennessee’s ATS record this season is 17-17-0. In terms of going over the point total, games involving the Blue Devils are 14-21-0 and the Volunteers are 14-20-0. The teams score an average of 144 points per game, 15.5 more points than this matchup’s total. Duke is 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall over its last 10 contests, while Tennessee has gone 4-6 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
Here is what you need to prepare for Saturday’s college basketball action.
Duke at Tennessee odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Duke -3
- Total: 128.5
- Moneyline: Duke -158, Tennessee +133
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Duke vs. Tennessee prediction
Tennessee 67, Duke 65
- Duke is 25-5 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 83.3%).
- The Blue Devils have gone 20-2 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -158 or shorter (90.9% win percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, Duke has an implied win probability of 61.2%.
- Tennessee has been listed as the underdog three times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- The Volunteers have a record of 4-1 when they’re set as an underdog of +133 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 42.9% chance of a victory for Tennessee.
Against the spread
- Duke has covered 16 times in 35 games with a spread this season.
- Tennessee has put together a 17-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Blue Devils put up 14.7 more points per game (72.6) than the Volunteers give up (57.9).
- Duke has a 12-17 record against the spread and a 22-7 record overall when scoring more than 57.9 points.
- Tennessee is 16-11 against the spread and 22-5 overall when allowing fewer than 72.6 points.
- The Volunteers put up 7.8 more points per game (71.4) than the Blue Devils give up (63.6).
- Tennessee is 16-8 against the spread and 19-5 overall when it scores more than 63.6 points.
- Duke’s record is 11-12 against the spread and 21-2 overall when it gives up fewer than 71.4 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The average implied total for the Blue Devils this season is 75.1 points, 9.1 more points than their implied total of 66 points in Saturday’s game.
- So far this season, Duke has scored more than 66 points in a game 24 times.
- The 73.3-point average implied total on the season for the Volunteers is 10.3 more points than the team’s 63-point implied total in this matchup.
- This year, Tennessee has put up more than 63 points in 28 games.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).