Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers: Predictions, odds, how to watch NFC Championship

Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers: Predictions, odds, how to watch NFC Championship

After a thrilling pair of divisional games, the NFC Championship is set between the San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions.

The narratives surrounding these teams have been vastly different all year. Where the 49ers have turned somewhat into villains, who have assembled a super squad where a Super Bowl is the expectation, the Lions are the most beloved team in the country. After years and years of despair and hanging out in the basement of the NFC, head coach Dan Campbell has put together a Super Bowl-worthy squad. Of course, they’ve still got a tough test in front of them if they want any chance of hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Here are some predictions on who will represent the NFC in Super Bowl 58.

NFL playoffs divisional round: Winners, losers from Sunday: Young Lions, resilient Chiefs triumph

Lions vs. 49ers predictions

Sporting News: 49ers 34, Lions 20

Vinnie Iyer writes, “The Lions have had a great run, but it comes to an end, as they simply do not have enough defense to slow down all the 49ers’ weapons around Purdy. Goff will be under more duress all game with his backs being less of a factor than McCaffrey will.”

Action Network: Lay the points for the 49ers

Sam Farley writes, “As much fun as the Lions are to watch, I simply can’t see them keeping the 49ers at bay with a pass-funnel defense. The Lions allowed the sixth-most passing yards per game in the regular season and just let Baker Mayfield throw for 349 yards and three touchdowns.”

ESPN: 49ers are heavy favorites to advance to Super Bowl with home win

ESPN Analytics give the 49ers a 74.1% chance to win in Santa Clara and advance to their second Super Bowl under head coach Kyle Shanahan. The Lions are left with a 25.9% chance to win on the road and take home their first NFC title.

Lions vs. 49ers odds, spread and lines

The 49ers are favorites to defeat the Lions, according to the BetMGM NFL odds. Looking to wager? Check out the best mobile sports betting apps offering NFL betting promos in 2023.

All odds as of Monday.

  • Spread: 49ers (-7)
  • Moneyline: 49ers (-300); Lions (+240)
  • Over/under: 51

Lions vs. 49ers injury updates

Injury updates to come.

‘Wide right’: Explaining Buffalo Bills’ two heartbreaking missed kicks decades apart

How to watch Lions vs. 49ers: TV, streaming and schedule

Date: Sunday, Jan. 28

Time: 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT

Location: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.

Cable TV: FOX

Streaming: FOX Sports app; YouTube TV; Sling; FuboTV

We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. USA TODAY Network newsrooms operate independently, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.

Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.

administrator

Related Articles