The Stetson Hatters (2-2) go up against the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-3) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on FloHoops. In this preview, we analyze the Stetson vs. Central Michigan odds and lines for this matchup.
The Hatters enter their game as a 4-point favorite against the Chippewas. The point total for the game is 143.
Stetson won 18 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 11 times. Central Michigan went 12-17-0 ATS last year.
Prepare for this matchup with what you need to know before Tuesday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Central Michigan at Stetson odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Stetson -4
- Total: 143
- Moneyline: Stetson -186, Central Michigan +157
Stetson vs. Central Michigan prediction
Stetson 71, Central Michigan 67
- Stetson was favored on the moneyline 11 total times last season. It went 7-4 in those games.
- The Hatters went 4-1 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -186 or shorter (80%).
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives Stetson a 65.0% chance to win.
- Central Michigan has entered the game as underdogs three times this season and won once.
- The Chippewas are 1-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +157 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Central Michigan based on the moneyline is 38.9%.
Against the spread
- Stetson went 18-10-1 ATS last season.
- Central Michigan put together a 12-17-0 ATS record last season.
- Last year, the 76.8 points per game the Hatters put up were just 3.8 more points than the Chippewas allowed (73).
- Stetson had a 12-2-1 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall last season when scoring more than 73 points.
- When Central Michigan allowed fewer than 76.8 points last season, it went 9-8 against the spread and 9-11 overall.
- The Chippewas’ 65.7 points per game last year were 8.1 fewer points than the 73.8 the Hatters gave up to opponents.
- Central Michigan put together a 4-1 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record last season in games it scored more than 73.8 points.
- Stetson went 6-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall last season when it gave up fewer than 65.7 points.
- The Hatters put up a total of 94 more points than their opponents last year (an average of three per game), while the Chippewas were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 225 total points, -7.3 per game).
- The Hatters had an average implied point total of 73 last season, which is one point lower than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (74).
- Last year, Stetson put up more than 74 points in a game 16 times.
- The 75.4-point average implied total last season for the Chippewas is 5.4 more points than the team’s 70-point implied total in this matchup.
- Central Michigan outscored its implied point total for this matchup (70) only once last year.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.