The Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) aim to continue a three-game home win streak when they host the Boise State Broncos (2-1) on Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. In this preview, we breakdown the Virginia Tech vs. Boise State odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The matchup between the Hokies and the Broncos currently does not have a line set.
Virginia Tech won 13 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 21 times. Boise State compiled a 16-15-2 ATS record last year.
Ahead of watching this matchup, here’s everything you need to know about Thursday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
How to watch Virginia Tech vs. Boise State
- Game Day: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
Virginia Tech vs. Boise State prediction
Virginia Tech 72, Boise State 70
Against the spread
- Virginia Tech covered 13 times in 34 chances against the spread last season.
- Boise State won 16 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 17 times.
- Last year, the 74.1 points per game the Hokies put up were 9.5 more points than the Broncos gave up (64.6).
- Virginia Tech had a 13-16 record against the spread and a 17-12 record overall last season when scoring more than 64.6 points.
- Boise State went 14-11-1 against the spread and 21-6 overall last season when allowing fewer than 74.1 points.
- The Broncos’ 72.1 points per game last year were just 2.0 more points than the 70.1 the Hokies gave up.
- Boise State put together an 11-4-2 ATS record and a 15-3 overall record last season in games it scored more than 70.1 points.
- Virginia Tech’s record was 11-6-1 against the spread and 15-3 overall when it allowed fewer than 72.1 points last season.
- The Hokies scored a total of 138 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 4.0 per game), and the Broncos out-scored opponents by 253 points on the season (7.5 more per game).
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.